mercredi 10 février 2010

Shawshank Redemption



For an English class, I saw a movie called Shawshank Redemption. In the motion picture, Andy Dufresne, an American banker is guilty for reportedly killing his own wife and her lover. Based on strong evidence, Andy gets two life sentences at Shawshank Prison, with no hope of parole. During his time in prison, he made friends with Ellis Redding, also known as Red, a man capable of “getting things”. The story enfolds when Andy used his banking experiences to help a money obsessed, warden.


As a seventeen year old male, I love movies with special effects as much as the next person. It’s incredible how a movie about prisoners talking can create a great story of hope and redemption.
My favourite scene of the movie is when Brookes, a librarian, gets out of the prison and narrates his troubles with life outside of Shawshank. His performance was truly moving. Actually, all of the actors did a pretty good job on their characters. They succeeded in bringing the good, even in tough looking criminals. If that wasn’t good acting, I don’t know what is.


Furthermore, the scene where Andy played an opera on the intercom to all of his friends made me laugh out loud. One of my favourite shows made a pop culture reference about this scene. Now I understand why the soundtrack is iconic and was necessarily an integral part of the movie. However, i thought the movie`s score was too smooth and calm. I didn`t really noticed it throughout the film.

No wonder it won an Oscar for best cinematography. Compared to other big blockbuster movies that I`ve seen, this one made every scenes into a true work of art.

If you have two hours on your hands, rent the movie. You won’t be disappointed!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire